15.1.08

Oh Moving!

Moving has been hectic and tiring, but we are now seeing the light at the end of the tunnel. Here are some photos of the progress

We found out 3 days before we had to leave that the landlords wanted us to paint the kitchen back to grey. It was really annoying, not only because fo the short time span but the landlords didnt know what the origonal colour was and we had to buy the paint!

The end product is nice and bland. Even Sal hates the colour

Our last night in the place had us living in the living room, trying to keep everything else clean

Sal loves the new apartment, especially his new kitty bed!

The new living room is enormous, we didnt realize that until our landlords moved out, 'cause they have a lot of stuff. We realized we would need some new furnature to fill the place a bit

The kitchen was where things started out in, then they slowly were unpacked, you see why im still not done yet?

Our living room has all of it furnature, no paint, and seems kinda empty. It echos still. Notice the new chair, Inertia sleeps in it all day.

What I need to do after painting is put some blinds over those flowery windows, maybe put a painting over that big permanant mirror, and get a little rug to tie it all together. Any ideas on what colour the living room should be? I don't have a clue

The walls in the hall will stay white because they have a beautiful inlay in them. I'm not sure if its carved out of the drywall or what but it looks origonal

Now the kitchen is the most done of the rooms. I havent painted it yet, but most things are in their place and we even had friends over for dinner the other night. Around the oven it especially looks pleasing

Renato got a magnet bar for our keys, I like that idea a lot. I want to put castors on the trunk

THis is my new desk Renato made, the legs are from IKEA and he made the top out of birch plywood. I have to sand it and put a coat of lacquer on it but it fits perfectly into the space.

And finally we bought some shelving units from IKEA, this one is in the living room. I love the legs on it and I'm trying to arrange the books by colour.

2 comments:

Tam said...

your new place looks great and I love,love,love the new desk! Can you send a Renato clone out east to help us build stuff?

Hollie said...

I'll see what I can do...