12.11.06

Weekend Traveling

Yesterday we drove to go to Banff!! Goodness I love that trendy little town, not that I'm into shopping like that, but its always been a great place to go and cruse around. The drive up was, as always, beautiful. It was a little overcast...

In Banff we went to the Walter Phillips Art Gallery, to see a show about iconography, really great show! Our friend TJ had two pieces in it and they are great!
We than went to the Whyte Museum where my friend Julie works, and the 3 of us went out for Sushi! The Sushi House in Banff is my favorite because it has a little train that runs around the bar and you take plates of food off of the train. Bad news is, they have been orderd by health and safety to remove the train by December the first, even tho this shop has been open for like 15 years!! we signed the petition to keep the train. Next we had coffee with Kate and her friend. I bought some bearspaws at the Fudgery, Yum!. I haven't seen Kate an Julie in such a long time, it was so good to see them again. The trip was over tho, time to go home!
We saw a tonne of wildlife whiledriving through the town, a family of deer...here is a blurry photo of one

I also saw a flock of ravens hanging out down town, man those birds are big!!
Few photos due to some foggy weather. Not to worry, we'll be going again for sure!

No comments: